Friday, August 22, 2014
Forums :: Automotive :: Opinions on Ford Flex

Automotive
 Topic: Opinions on Ford Flexadd this topic to your watch listrecommend to PUBLISH this topicrecommend to REMOVE this topic 
CalAG
user level: Hall of FamerAggie
posted 9:27a, 03/23/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I was looking at cars the other day, and got in a Flex because it is a car that has always drawn my attention as looking 'unique' (for lack of a better word).

I was really impressed with the comfort and space.

I am 6-5 and could comfortably drive it and even sit in the second row.

Anybody have any experience with these as far as durability and quality?

Red Five
user level: Hall of FamerAggiePremium Level Supporter
posted 9:31a, 03/23/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I think the general consensus on this board with respect to the Flex is: .

I don't know if its specific to the ecoboost variant or not, though.

[This message has been edited by Red Five (edited 3/23/2012 9:33a).]

sts7049
user level: LegendAggieBasic Level Supporter
posted 9:35a, 03/23/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

i like it, but it's problem is it's pricey. at least when you spec it out all the way.

1agswitchin4lanes
user level: LegendAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students DonorBasic Level Supporter
posted 9:46a, 03/23/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I driven several and really like them.

The Ecoboost one is pretty peppy.

If you are in the Houston area and want to buy one, I have a contact at a dealer that will shoot you an honest/great deal.

SpicewoodAg
user level: LegendAggie
posted 11:01a, 03/23/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I like 'em. Would definitely choose over any full size 2WD SUV if your priority is carrying people and cargo (vs. towing).

I'd want one without the gaudy metal plate/trim on the rear door.

WildcatAg
user level: LegendAggieAssociation of Former Students Donor
posted 11:58a, 03/23/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

My sister has one (non-boost but otherwise loaded) and I had to drive it one evening. It made our Expedition seem like a sports car. It was hard to see out of, I did not find it comfortable inside, and it seemed sluggish. I felt like I was driving a school bus. I have no doubt it is reliable but I did not care for it (and I am a Ford homer).

sts7049
posted 3:11p, 03/24/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/23/2013-ford-flex-first-drive-road-test-review/

i think the redesign is ugly

CATAGBQ04
posted 4:00p, 03/24/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Yes

GarlandAg2012
user level: LegendAggieFifth C Fine Jewelry Customer12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students DonorVarsity Level Supporter
posted 5:03p, 03/24/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I really dig the new front of it

tholas
user level: LegendAggie12th Man DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 9:09p, 03/24/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

The redesigned front looks much better in person than it does in pictures. I'd buy one.

harleyds2
user level: Veteran
posted 11:15p, 03/24/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

They are outstanding

EMY92
user level: LegendAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 4:54p, 03/25/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I've never cared for the looks of the Flex. It reminds me of an XXXXL Mini.

Diversified Insurance
Matt Van Bergen
- Insurance
Visiting Angels - Williamson County
Ryan Searight, Owner '01
- Home Health
Maroon Consultant, LLC
JD Salinas '91
- Consulting
HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.
Jeff Deats '99
- Real Estate
in partnership with
TexAgs Sponsor
Forums :: Automotive :: Opinions on Ford Flex

Jump to other forums:
If you have any questions about the moderation on this forum please email moderator@texags.com.

TexAgs.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with Texas A&M University. Copyright ©2002-2011 TexAgs.com. All rights reserved.
There are approximately 9870 visitors currently on TexAgs. Privacy Policy