Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Forums :: A&M Baseball and Softball :: Barrett Loux to the Cubs

Topic: Barrett Loux to the Cubsadd this topic to your watch listrecommend to PUBLISH this topicrecommend to REMOVE this topic 
AggieBowhunter10
user level: LegendAggieAssociation of Former Students Donor
posted 6:54p, 11/20/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Just saw on Twitter that the Rangers are sending Loux to Chicago as part of the Soto trade. They re-acquired Brigham because he was injured shortly after the Soto trade.

That means Brooks Raley and Barrett are now in the same system. Is Alex Wilson still pitching? Sign him and they've got a big chunk of our 09 staff.

Brick Tamland
user level: LegendAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students Donor
posted 6:56p, 11/20/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I was hoping he would make the big league club soon, but I guess he has a faster route in Chicago than Arlington

Statboy203
posted 9:04p, 11/20/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

There goes my last of being a Rangers fan. Besof luck to him. Good pick up for the Cubies

AggieBowhunter10
posted 9:23p, 11/20/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Not gonna lie, if those two guys end up in the rotation together on the big club, I might buy a Cubs hat.

Guess I need a new NL club since the Astros are AL now. I was leaning toward the Nationals because of Davey Johnson.

[This message has been edited by BradC34 (edited 11/20/2012 9:24p).]

NewAggieBallFan
user level: All-Star
posted 10:32p, 11/20/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

StatBoy & BradC - Barret is so excited about the opportunity with the Cubs. While we loved the Rangers, their minor league system is so full of great pitchers & he was going to be back logged. Brooks is happy to have Barret on the Cubs and hopefully the two of them can do something special again pitching together.

AggieBowhunter10
posted 10:43p, 11/20/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I don't know the Cubs farm situation. Will he have a better opportunity at moving up faster in Chicago? Would be very cool to have those two guys on the same team again.

Lance Uppercut
user level: LegendAggie
posted 12:13p, 11/21/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

haha!

The Cubs farm system currently sucks. Hopefully we see him in Wrigley soon.

Agsncws
user level: Hall of FamerAggie
posted 12:55p, 11/21/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Speaking of Wilson - he was added to the Red Sox 40-Man Roster yesterday. It was purely a protection move by the Sox. He's inching closer to MLB action. I'd lay even money on 2013.

Aggieangler93
user level: VeteranAggieAssociation of Former Students Donor
posted 9:56a, 11/27/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I was bummed when I heard Barrett was traded. I was really hoping to see him in Texas Rangers colors soon. He was moving up quickly. I guess that's the way the baseball go.

Houston Summit
user level: LegendAggie12th Man DonorBasic Level Supporter
posted 1:27a, 12/08/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

quote:
I was really hoping to see him in Texas Rangers colors soon.

No worries. Chicago sports the red, white and blue as well. Technically you still can

HoneyBaked Ham
Kerry Giese '76
- Food
The Sleep Station
Jarrad McLeod '03
- Mattress
WHOOP U LLC
Nathan Leonard '98
- Apparel
RE/MAX Trinity
Casey Jacocks '02
- Real Estate
in partnership with
TexAgs Sponsor
Forums :: A&M Baseball and Softball :: Barrett Loux to the Cubs

Jump to other forums:
If you have any questions about the moderation on this forum please email moderator@texags.com.

TexAgs.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with Texas A&M University. Copyright ©2002-2011 TexAgs.com. All rights reserved.
There are approximately 10563 visitors currently on TexAgs. Privacy Policy