Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Forums :: A&M Football :: On closing out the season, conference realignment and more

Topic: On closing out the season, conference realignment and moreadd this topic to your watch listrecommend to PUBLISH this topicrecommend to REMOVE this topic 
On closing the season, conference realignment & more
View the full story »
SoftwareAg
user level: All-StarAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students DonorBasic Level Supporter
posted 5:46p, 11/28/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

quote:
Florida State and Clemson are the most probable to go to the SEC, but Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are still in the picture.

I would not have guessed those teams.

Elephant Ghost
user level: All-StarAgTag EXPIRING soon!
posted 6:22p, 11/28/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Happy Birthday Coach!!!!

HoyaSaxa
user level: All-Star
posted 10:22a, 11/29/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Anything is possible. The SEC still has its pick and can do whatever it wants if it is profitable for the league. They can duplicate markets if they want and if it bears out more $$$. Or they could take Va Tech and an NC school. It could even press past 16 and go to 20 like Coach suggests.

Every idea gets briefed.

HoyaSaxa
user level: All-Star
posted 10:22a, 11/29/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Anything is possible. The SEC still has its pick and can do whatever it wants if it is profitable for the league. They can duplicate markets if they want and if it bears out more $$$. Or they could take Va Tech and an NC school. It could even press past 16 and go to 20 like Coach suggests.

Every idea gets briefed.

Halong
user level: All-StarAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 3:44p, 11/29/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I doubt that Clemson or Florida State would be invited. The SEC schools have to vote them in, and most SEC schools only want one school per state from now on.

Oklahoma would be acceptable, but OSU would not bring enough to the table. And, I doubt Oklahomans would let OU leave OSU hanging by themselves at the mercy of tu.

VA Tech and one of the North Carolina schools would bring in TV sets from Va, NC and Washington DC. That would also add two fairly large states onto the SEC Map and significantly enlarge their footprint.

Also, VA Tech is a lot like A&M. I'd like to see them in the SEC.

Whatever, it's sure going to be interesting.

jenks
user level: All-StarAggieAssociation of Former Students DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 6:33a, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I like the bit on $40MM of free advertising and is spot on. We had the right amount of fortune this season coming from the alignment of a good coaching staff, the SEC conference, and the emergence of Johnny Football.

The Sleep Station
Jarrad McLeod '03
- Mattress
Family Practice center
Carlos Hornedo '85
- Family Practice
CustomHeard
Adam Day '13
- Marketing
RE/MAX Trinity
Casey Jacocks '02
- Real Estate
in partnership with
TexAgs Sponsor
Forums :: A&M Football :: On closing out the season, conference realignment and more

Jump to other forums:
If you have any questions about the moderation on this forum please email moderator@texags.com.

TexAgs.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with Texas A&M University. Copyright ©2002-2011 TexAgs.com. All rights reserved.
There are approximately 8109 visitors currently on TexAgs. Privacy Policy