Friday, July 25, 2014
Forums :: A&M Football :: Cotton Bowl chairman w/ eye-opening info. on selection process
Page: 1 2

Topic: Cotton Bowl chairman w/ eye-opening info. on selection processadd this topic to your watch listrecommend to PUBLISH this topicrecommend to REMOVE this topic 
Cotton Bowl chairman w/ eye-opening info. on selection process
View the full story »
dcj_10
user level: Hall of FamerAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students Donor
posted 12:58p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

The horns are scared, plain and simple.

sbs
user level: All-StarAggie
posted 1:00p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Great interview

AgBeliever
user level: LegendAggieAssociation of Former Students DonorBasic Level Supporter
posted 1:06p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

LSU, or maybe Georgia, is going to kill the horns almost as bad as we would have.

The Chicken Ranch
user level: LegendAggie
posted 1:09p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Poooooooooooor t-sips!

usmcaggie
user level: All-StarAggieAssociation of Former Students DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 1:10p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

"What's in YOUR conference?"

Bluecat_Aggie94
posted 1:15p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Sounds to me like the Cotton Bowl think we are going to Cap One

TxAginAz
posted 1:35p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

The sips are going to be embarrassed no matter what they do. There's no where to run, no where to hide for them. They are going to reap it over the next decade or two. The texas university football Dark Ages has begun.

water turkey
user level: Hall of FamerPremium Level Supporter
posted 1:42p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

We are going to Cap One Bowl. Get your tickets and Disney World passes.

HoyaSaxa
user level: All-Star
posted 1:44p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

The feel of this interview was a little more tense than the talk with the Cap One guy. For the Cotton Bowl chief to admit the bad blood in a formal open forum is a huge sign that Texas IS trying to avoid a matchup with A&M.

Sq. Six 89 Ag
user level: VeteranAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 2:13p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

You know bowl deals are being struck as we speak. I'm confident that we will beat whomever we play.

I can't wait!!!

MK BQ 89
user level: Hall of FamerAggie
posted 2:14p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

This interview with a Cotton Bowl official proves that there are still discussions by UT and its 9 minions about how "to get" A&M for joining the SEC and ruining their plans for running the conference while getting money and benefits as if they were an independent.

The fact that the Texas vs. TCU game on Thanksgiving night was not well-attended, did not produce much crowd appeal for those who did go to the game, and did not get the same high television ratings as the old Texas A&M vs. Texas games is only proof of how much the Aggies leaving has hurt DeLost Dodds' attempt to control the football world in Texas and the Big XII-2-1+1-1+1.

Gig 'em, Aggies, and Go SEC!

[This message has been edited by MK BQ 89 (edited 11/30/2012 2:14p).]

emiaj02
user level: All-StarAggieBasic Level Supporter
posted 2:21p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I will take this as confirmation that the sips don't want to play us. oh well...I would much rather go to Disney World anyway!

FullDraw
user level: LegendAggie12th Man DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 2:30p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Que the "he mad!" picture of Deloss!!

Sabreman
posted 2:39p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Them "private conversations" with Dodds ain't so private if the Cotton Bowl admits they've taken place. 40 Acres will NOT be happy that little bit got out...

Sabreman '92

speedy
user level: All-StarAggieAssociation of Former Students Donor
posted 3:09p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Does anyone know what the tv ratings were for the tu/tcu game on Thanksgiving night? Would like to compare that rating vs the game last year.

gsliva
user level: Veteran
posted 3:20p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Gabe forgot to ask if the Longhorn Network broadcasting the Cotton Bowl is part of the discussions with Deloss Dodds and his empire. After all the only things that matter to Texas is it's branding and money. Everything else is details.

Personally I hope if Texas is the team A&M has the balls to say we're not playing those *******s ever unless it's on our terms. Walk out of the room.

LatinAggie1997
user level: Hall of FamerAgTag EXPIRING soon!
posted 3:41p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Spin coming to an ESPN segment soon.....

aggiebones
user level: LegendAggieAssociation of Former Students Donor
posted 6:24p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Ratings for a Texas versus Texas A&M game at the Cotton Bowl would be very large.

Gap
user level: LegendAggie12th Man Donor
posted 6:45p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

quote:
Ratings for a Texas versus Texas A&M game at the Cotton Bowl would be very large.

...within the state of Texas...outside of the state the only interest is around our story this year

tex 93
user level: All-StarAggie
posted 7:01p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Wow, Gabe basically got him to admit on air that the t-sips have told the Cotton Bowl not to invite them if A&M is invited.

See, I was right after all. http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2214158&page=1&forum_id=5

Aggie GIGolo
posted 7:36p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I love watching DeLoss and his band of woosies spiral down the drain of irrelevancy.

AggieUSMC
posted 7:43p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Personally I'd love to see a TAMU vs. tu Cotton Bowl but I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if it doesn't happen.

ckwarren33
user level: Legend
posted 7:45p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Your athletic dept secks when they deliberately have 'private conversations' with any bowl WELL IN ADVANCE OF BOWL INVITES in order to prevent any single match-up.

TUCK FEXAS. whorns down forever.

monarch
user level: LegendHonorary Aggie12th Man DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 8:13p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I WANT THE COTTON BOWL, even though I hate that stadium. I want scoreboard on them...

Dr. Mike 69
user level: All-StarAggie12th Man DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 9:06p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

If we truly want to gain national recognition and separate ourselves from our past shadows, then we need to play teams from around the nation, not the same teams we've been playing. We chose to move out on our own. Nobody on a national scale gives a rip if we go back and pound t.u. But, trample on a Michigan, a Florida State, a Southern Cal, et al, and people around the nation begin to recognize who we are. Texas has had that advantage for decades. Now, we have our chance. We gained lots of attention by beating Bama. Now we need some more big scalps.

AG_2006
user level: VeteranAggieAssociation of Former Students Donor
posted 9:59p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Jock92
posted 10:50p, 11/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Dr. Mike gets it!

CMSimonton
user level: Rookie
posted 1:05a, 12/01/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Unfortunaltely, when you look at the rankings and the way teams are selected, there is NO POSSIBLE WAY for us to play a higher ranked team than us. I was hoping to knock another team down a few notches and once again show the world why we are top 10.

I would, however, LOVE to play in the Cotton Bowl against t.u. (or anyone else) simply because it is close enough that I will be able to go.

AnalogyAg
user level: Legend
posted 2:56a, 12/01/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

"There is a lot of bad blood" over A&M right now?

I think it's not so much the bad blood as it is the pee in the pants. If there is any possible way DeLoss' season could get any worse, it's if they play A&M.

They know it. He knows it. His team knows it.

jebeka
user level: All-StarAgTag EXPIRING soon!
posted 8:03a, 12/01/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Sorry, playing Texas in the Cotton would be great and much better than Michigan. I'm sure there are tu and Aggies that don't want the game, but Most do.

Hope the Cotton Bowl gets the opportunity.

BTHO tu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richline
user level: VeteranPremium Level Supporter
posted 8:34a, 12/01/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Good analogy, ag.

jaxisback
user level: Veteran
posted 9:27a, 12/01/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

When you guys talk about great nationally appealing match ups in reference to the Cap One bowl, you realize your almost certainly talking about Michigan, right?

Michigan sucks out loud and everyone in the country knows it. There is scarcely little to gain in playing this rust belt plodder save a trip to Disney World.

The Big XII is the second best conference this season along with the PAC 12. Now that BCS is out, the Cotton Bowl offers our most appealing match up. That is simply reality.

txag72
user level: LegendAggiePremium Level Supporter
posted 10:14a, 12/01/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

tu sucks, nothting to do with them forever as far as I'm concerned and especially this year in a no win situation, i.e., beating an 8-4 team means nothing nationally. Beating Michigan is a statement nationally, no matter what their record.

Charlie Wallace
user level: VeteranAggieAssociation of Former Students Donor
posted 10:15a, 12/01/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Dr. Mike

TriFection Remodeling & Construction
Jeff Roberts '93
- Home Services
Christopher's World Grille
Christopher & Sandi ('93) Lampo '93
- Restaurants
Chateau on the Creek
Mark Hunt '78
- Bridal
Dionne Media
Blaine Dionne '00
- Human Resources
in partnership with
TexAgs Sponsor
Forums :: A&M Football :: Cotton Bowl chairman w/ eye-opening info. on selection process
Page: 1 2

Jump to other forums:
If you have any questions about the moderation on this forum please email moderator@texags.com.

TexAgs.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with Texas A&M University. Copyright ©2002-2011 TexAgs.com. All rights reserved.
There are approximately 11559 visitors currently on TexAgs. Privacy Policy