Saturday, July 26, 2014
Forums :: A&M Football :: Clay Travis with insight into future conference realignment

Topic: Clay Travis with insight into future conference realignmentadd this topic to your watch listrecommend to PUBLISH this topicrecommend to REMOVE this topic 
Clay Travis discusses conference realignment and more
View the full story »
Kentucky Mustangs
user level: Legend
posted 9:21a, 12/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Clay Travis not knowing the AAU was the AAU!

(insert facepalm pic here)

Clay is just rehashing what has been said in the mainstream so not like anything new there. I still think he is high on his projected numbers for "project x" and do not buy his "x must pair with y" in realignment. A&M showed they could separate from tu and conference realignment has shown old rivals may not remain in the new age of money and markets.

While he suggests VU would be happy with Duke I would bet my bottom dollar they would be happier with UVA. While it may be a public in name the Hoos are about as private as you get actually being part of their culture. I can see UNC + UVA getting the SEC to 16 easier than I do UNC + Duke. While I would prefer Virginia Tech the smart play is UVA, and Slive is a smart guy (and a UVA alumni) looking at the better long term add.

VT with Beamer and Duke with K are one trick ponies and more of a gamble than UVA. Why would Slive double up on the state of NC for adding 20% with Duke when he can go after UVA and add 100% of VA to "project x" ? The value in realignment is moving carriage rates from the 15 cents range out of footprint to 75 cents inside the footprint. If the SEC will not add UL, GT, CU, or FSU (with bigger alumni bases) why would they add Duke?

UNC (75 cents) + Duke (75 cents x .10) < UNC (75 cents) + Virginia (75 cents)

Taking UVA and Duke means the SEC gives up on getting into VA. That trade just does not make economic sense. I watched Duke in that bowl game and the place was empty. Can you imagine an SEC not going to a bowl in 20 years and not selling it well?

jt16
user level: LegendAggie12th Man DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 6:46p, 12/30/12this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I think you underestimate the Duke brand. It is a national brand and sells really well.

[This message has been edited by jt16 (edited 12/30/2012 6:46p).]

Scout Supply Company LLC
Russell Banks
- Sporting Goods
Christopher's World Grille
Christopher & Sandi ('93) Lampo '93
- Restaurants
Complete Safety Compliance
Kaci Savell '06
- Human Resources
Exosent Engineering
Andrew Duggleby '01
- Engineering
in partnership with
TexAgs Sponsor
Forums :: A&M Football :: Clay Travis with insight into future conference realignment

Jump to other forums:
If you have any questions about the moderation on this forum please email moderator@texags.com.

TexAgs.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with Texas A&M University. Copyright ©2002-2011 TexAgs.com. All rights reserved.
There are approximately 6728 visitors currently on TexAgs. Privacy Policy