Thursday, July 24, 2014
Forums :: A&M Football :: "Complete" rendering: like or dislike?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Topic: "Complete" rendering: like or dislike?add this topic to your watch listrecommend to PUBLISH this topicrecommend to REMOVE this topic 
Bluecat_Aggie94
user level: LegendAggie
posted 10:47a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I kind of like retaining the triple deck look of east and west. So there's one counter opinion.

I'm not a huge fan of the parking garages, but they will sell the hell out of parking and this project obviously needs revenue streams once it's built, so I see why they are included.

MrGoodKat
user level: LegendAgTag EXPIRING soon!
posted 10:52a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

tailgating in the parking lots should be fun...

MrGoodKat
posted 10:54a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

quote:
I also find it fascinating that so many complain about this when we havent even seen an interior shot that even shows the west side of the stadium at all.

the people that matter (ie...the ones that pay for the west side) have probably seen it...

sportsguycstx
user level: VeteranAgTag EXPIRING soon!
posted 10:54a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

The only thing that I don't like is that the stands are too far from the playing field and the slope of the stands is not great enough. Thus, the seats in the upper decks are way too far from the action. Closer and steeper seats would make for a much more intimidating environment.

sportsguycstx

The only thing that I don't like is that the stands are too far from the playing field and the slope of the stands is not great enough. Thus, the seats in the upper decks are way too far from the action. Closer and steeper seats would make for a much more intimidating environment.

sportsguycstx

VA_Ag94
user level: All-StarAggie
posted 10:55a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

It's boxy but good!

caprockcadet99
user level: VeteranAggie
posted 10:58a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

The most important aspect is the field is being lowered 7 feet. It will make the noise just bounce around down there and reek havoc on opposing offenses

VA_Ag94
posted 10:59a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

oh one other thing... i know the parking garages are practical, but i'd almost rather all parking to be across the tracks and have more green space. Adds more space to congregate around Kyle before the games.

Invictacidal
posted 11:03a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Like.

Also, ponds = mosquitoes, and mosquitoes = BATS. Win, win.

mAgnoliAg
user level: LegendAggiePremium Level Supporter
posted 11:04a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I want to know about the Seahawk echo technology?

3rdCoastAg
user level: LegendAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students Donor
posted 11:07a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I don't care for the E. King Gill or Bryant names on the sides of the corner boxes. Not crazy about the awning on West side either.

kayakag
user level: LegendAggie
posted 11:08a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Not a fan of the pond at Spence. Just takes up very valuable tailgating real estate and could become a damn mosquito haven.

I'm sure the corps would have fun swimming in it though!

nereus
user level: All-StarAggieAssociation of Former Students Donor
posted 11:11a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

quote:
oh one other thing... i know the parking garages are practical, but i'd almost rather all parking to be across the tracks and have more green space. Adds more space to congregate around Kyle before the games.

That space is currently a parking lot, so we aren't really loosing green space, we are just making the parking lot have multiple levels.

It looks like they got rid of the field level suites in the endzone that I saw in a previous rendering. I never understood why anyone would want a field level suite in the endzone.

Johnny Z
user level: Hall of FamerAggieAssociation of Former Students Donor
posted 11:11a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

What are you guys thinking the seating capacity is?

bert harbinson
user level: Hall of FamerAggie
posted 11:12a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

quote:
I don't care for the E. King Gill or Bryant names on the sides of the corner boxes. Not crazy about the awning on West side either.

Come on now, Kyle Bryant was a heck of a good kicker.

Womackster
posted 11:13a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Don't know. Need eating capacity.

BreckCO2000
user level: VeteranAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students Donor
posted 11:23a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

borrego29
posted 11:25a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

very nice!

Ags76
posted 11:25a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Sea Bass
user level: Legend

I don't think they need to be spending that much money on it...especially when the university has seen less and less funding from the state

MrGoodKat
posted 11:29a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

quote:
I don't think they need to be spending that much money on it...especially when the university has seen less and less funding from the state

seabass - you or your sugar mama will be paying for it.

3rdCoastAg
posted 11:31a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

quote:
obvious troll is obvious

Verne Lundquist
user level: LegendAggiePremium Level Supporter
posted 11:32a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Its a retention pond due to the lowering of the field. Whatever the hell that means

MrGoodKat
posted 11:33a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

quote:
Its a retention pond due to the lowering of the field.

any chance of runoff from the retention pond to the brazos? we don't want to be muddying up the brazos so that it floats down to kyle field north!

kythehunter
user level: Veteran12th Man DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 11:36a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Where's the view from the south east into the stadium showing the west side stands?

RMG8503
posted 11:37a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Carl Hungus
user level: LegendAggieAssociation of Former Students DonorVarsity Level Supporter
posted 11:38a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I like it, but not sure why they wouldn't connect the corners for more room and noise. Why the giant gaps?

BizAg83
user level: LegendAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 11:38a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

JJxvi
user level: LegendAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students DonorBasic Level Supporter
posted 11:41a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

quote:
Why the giant gaps?

Seats 30 miles away from the field, and 30 miles up in the air are expensive to build and arent exactly the hottest selling ticket on the market, so not exactly a 10 on the cost-benefit priority list.

One Tooth Man
user level: All-Star
posted 11:45a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

So.
What's the seating capacity of this version?

imacdane
posted 11:45a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

3rdCoastAg

quote:
quote:
Why the giant gaps?

Seats 30 miles away from the field, and 30 miles up in the air are expensive to build and arent exactly the hottest selling ticket on the market, so not exactly a 10 on the cost-benefit priority list.
wouldnt air flow be a concern too?

Stephen12684
posted 11:47a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

This page is linked from the chron.

ElephantRider
user level: LegendAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 11:48a, 02/21/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

quote:
any chance of runoff from the retention pond to the brazos? we don't want to be muddying up the brazos so that it floats down to kyle field north!

What does this even mean?

Las Brisas Farm Country Weddings
Eldon Aydelotte '54
- Bridal
Fairy Godmother Travel
Teresa & Mark Cory '81
- Travel
Buehlers & Associates with Keller Williams
Nash Buehler '11
- Real Estate
RE/MAX Trinity
Casey Jacocks '02
- Real Estate
in partnership with
TexAgs Sponsor
Forums :: A&M Football :: "Complete" rendering: like or dislike?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Jump to other forums:
If you have any questions about the moderation on this forum please email moderator@texags.com.

TexAgs.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with Texas A&M University. Copyright ©2002-2011 TexAgs.com. All rights reserved.
There are approximately 8730 visitors currently on TexAgs. Privacy Policy