Thursday, April 24, 2014
Forums :: Politics :: Obama WH threatens Woodward
Page: 1 2 3

Politics
 Topic: Obama WH threatens Woodwardadd this topic to your watch listrecommend to PUBLISH this topicrecommend to REMOVE this topic 
crag
user level: TexAgs LegendAggieAssociation of Former Students DonorBasic Level Supporter
posted 6:54p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

This is getting interesting. I am not at all surprised by the behavior of the totalitarians in the WH.
quote:
Bob Woodward said this evening on CNN that a "very senior person" at the White House warned him in an email that he would "regret doing this," the same day he has continued to slam President Barack Obama over the looming forced cuts known as the sequester.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bob-woodward-obama-sequester-white-house-reporting-price-politics-2013-2#ixzz2M9OQ43aw

[This message has been edited by crag (edited 2/27/2013 6:54p).]

amercer
user level: TexAgs LegendAggie
posted 6:56p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

captkirk
user level: TexAgs LegendAggieAssociation of Former Students Donor
posted 6:57p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

If Woodward reported this, it must be game on.

crag
user level: TexAgs LegendAggieAssociation of Former Students DonorBasic Level Supporter
posted 6:58p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

This is the kind of behavior Nixon engaged in. Ironic, isn't it.

BTKAG97
user level: TexAgs LegendAggie
posted 6:58p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I'm sure he has nothing to fear. Just ask our resident RadLibs.

texagbeliever
user level: All-Star
posted 6:59p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Please let this turn into a Murrow vs McCarthy.

EMY92
user level: TexAgs LegendAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 7:05p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

quote:
This is the kind of behavior Nixon engaged in. Ironic, isn't it.

Nixon didn't have the support of 90+% of the MSM.

Back then, even if the media supported the position of a candidate or office holder, they'd still go after a story. Woodward is one of the last of that type left.

BigBrother
user level: Hall of FamerAggiePremium Level Supporter
posted 7:07p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Mr. Woodward to room 101, stat!

CanyonAg77
user level: TexAgs LegendAggieBasic Level Supporter
posted 7:13p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Barak Obama is very Presidential. The foreign policy of Carter, the ethics of Nixon. Coming next: The economy of Hoover.

Bonfire 1996
user level: TexAgs LegendAggiePremium Level Supporter
posted 7:27p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

The liberal press will rally around their hero. In this case, though, both the antagonist and protagonist are versions of their hero. Who will they choose?

Red Fishing Ag93
user level: TexAgs LegendAggieAssociation of Former Students DonorVarsity Level Supporter
posted 8:00p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

PatriotAg98
user level: All-StarAggieAssociation of Former Students DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 8:06p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Oh, they'll protect their new Emperor; Woodward is too old school(a leftist yes, but not the new cool leftist) and a true journalist. The MSM are pseudo-journalists 'reporting' news through their biased-colored lenses. The vast majority of them enjoy their access and are true believers in this president's agenda.

DM44
user level: Veteran
posted 8:06p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Most press in MSM weren't around for Watergate. Additionally, they don't know how to work for a story. They just "report" whatever is typed up for them by Obama's press secretary.

93MarineHorn

Good stuff here. Well, libs, I guess Woodward is just another racist, right wing hatchet man. Funny how none of you care to comment. Can't really blame you. There is no positive side for you on this one. Sucks when your imaginary world crashes into cold reality.

shilenda99
user level: All-StarAggie
posted 8:08p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

quote:
And that contention has made Woodward, once Public Enemy Number One to a generation of Republicans, the unlikely darling of the right wing. Conservatives suddenly swoon over him, with his stepped-up appearances on Fox News and starring role in GOP press releases

It's almost embarrassing how easy it is to troll this board. So
Woodward is now the arbiter of Beltway Justice??

HaHaHaHaHa. I'm sure he's hating all this newfound
publicity.

quote:
Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right.
H. L. Mencken

powerbiscuit
user level: TexAgs LegendAgTag EXPIRING soon!Basic Level Supporter
posted 8:10p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Pathetic, but expected

93MarineHorn
posted 8:11p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Swing and a miss. Well, at least you made an appearance. Better than the average lib trash.

B2Ag05
user level: Hall of FamerAggie
posted 8:14p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

...and this is where I disagree with Woodward:
quote:
Woodward repeated the last sentence, making clear he saw it as a veiled threat. “ ‘You’ll regret.’ Come on,” he said. “I think if Obama himself saw the way they’re dealing with some of this, he would say, ‘Whoa, we don’t tell any reporter ‘you’re going to regret challenging us.’ ”
Link

PatriotAg98
user level: All-StarAggieAssociation of Former Students DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 8:16p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I don't care who reported it, right/left or center, its the threat of retribution from an administration that demagogues, strains credulity, exaggerates, and outright lies, being called out by someone they thought was an ally.

shilenda99
posted 8:17p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Refute it. Woodward considers himself a Very Serious Person in the Beltway. I have no sympathy for this current administration or for DC but its pathetic that you guys get tight in your pants over whatever Woodward alleges. That guy is the worst kind of hack and its sad that y'all worship him.

quote:
Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right.
H. L. Mencken

DM44
user level: Veteran
posted 8:21p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Bottom line is that Obama can do anything he wishes. I don't know why anyone in the White House Staff even cares what Woodward says.

Obama is in his 2nd term, does not have to run again.

Democrats control the Senate. Impeachment is not an issue.

Obama really doesn't care what anyone else thinks, he's a narcissist.

Democrats have bought enough votes to stay in power until the wheels finally come off the economy. 2012 proved this.

Politically, Obama is untouchable.

[This message has been edited by DM44 (edited 2/27/2013 9:05p).]

hammerhead
user level: All-StarPremium Level Supporter
posted 9:21p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

this president and his staff are so, so bad for america, yet some many dumb ass liberals seem to think he is God.

Living in Austin is hard enough as an Aggie, then throw in the liberals...

BQ75
posted 9:36p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

quote:
That guy is the worst kind of hack
Not sure if you're high or just stupid.

captkirk
posted 9:46p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I'll wager at least the latter

captkirk
posted 10:04p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Your boy-king lied thorough his teeth about the sequester, just as he has lied on issue after issue. This time he got called on it by on of the most respected old-guard, liberal journalists. Deal with it and move on.

[This message has been edited by captkirk (edited 2/27/2013 10:05p).]

shilenda99
posted 10:04p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

It's called confirmation bias. It doesn't matter what Woodward alleges, if it agrees with the "red" team narrative than it has to be true. The most pathetic thing is the whole appeal to authority fallacy that is presented on this thread. Bob Woodward is the authority??!!???

quote:
H. L. Mencken

shilenda99
posted 10:06p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Captkirk, says the lying sycophant.

captkirk
posted 10:07p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

powerbiscuit
user level: TexAgs LegendAgTag EXPIRING soon!Basic Level Supporter
posted 10:17p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

ambien is a hellofadrug

B2Ag05
posted 10:23p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Who said authority. Many believe he's saying what many others are afraid to.

You say "confirmation bias" as if you know that people are agreeing with him simply because he said what they were thinking. That's too simplistic. If someone already held the position, it's just as likely to be affirmation as confirmation bias.

Start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance, I can tell you are uncomfortable (in much the same way you can tell that me agreeing with Woodward is confirmation bias).

B2Ag05
posted 10:26p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Actually, I wish I had the laugh/cry icon. This describes many on both sides of the spectrum: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublethink

shilenda99
posted 10:41p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Right. I should have said affirmation. This board is already convinced that if it wasn't for the MSM, Romney would have been elected. I'm not quite sure what kind of madness that falls in but I'd buy the cognitive dissonance theory as well.

Why can't we have a rational opposition party? Serious question. I voted for Johnson this past presidential cycle because the present GOP is a joke and I know exactly what I would get with the Democrats. Mock me all you want, your conspiracy theories are doing such a great job at winning elections.

B2Ag05
posted 10:48p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I voted for Johnson too. Where do we go from here?

captkirk
posted 11:02p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Woodward is lying...and a racist

MouthBQ98
user level: TexAgs LegendAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 11:08p, 02/27/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

The left is insane. They cannot mentally deal with the fact they've become in many ways the intimidating thug bullies that they've always accused the right of being. They simply live in denial that they have become agents of opression themselves, because they believe their causes are so righteous and their means are justified by those causes.

[This message has been edited by MouthBQ98 (edited 2/27/2013 11:09p).]

Texas Insurance & Financial Services, Inc.
Gordon Sorrel '69
- Insurance
American Momentum Bank
Jim Patterson '79
- Financial Services
SageTexas
Pat Shaw
- Financial Services
DADY INSURANCE AGENCY
Doug Groves '82
- Insurance
in partnership with
TexAgs Sponsor
Forums :: Politics :: Obama WH threatens Woodward
Page: 1 2 3

Jump to other forums:
If you have any questions about the moderation on this forum please email moderator@texags.com.

TexAgs.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with Texas A&M University. Copyright ©2002-2011 TexAgs.com. All rights reserved.
There are approximately 6474 visitors currently on TexAgs. Privacy Policy