Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Forums :: A&M Football :: Found a treasure chest of Aggie lore today
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Topic: Found a treasure chest of Aggie lore todayadd this topic to your watch listrecommend to PUBLISH this topicrecommend to REMOVE this topic 
war hymn aggie
user level: LegendAggie
posted 12:24a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Today, I picked up a some personal belongings that were my father & grandfathers....things that dated back to the 1880's all the way until the 1980's. They both graduated from A&M. Pinky Wilson in 1920 & Joe Wilson in 1963. My father passed away last year. His wife called me up last night & invited me over to pick up some personal belongings that were kept over the years. I had the day off so I made the trek from CS to Leander to pick up the mementos. I collect Aggie Memorabilia, so I hoped that I could find some vintage A&M things that included my father & grandfather.

Well, I hit the jackpot! Included were letters that my grandfather wrote to my great-grandparents while he was in WW1, describing how he shoved a bayonet into a German soldier....Talking about how he loved them and that how he would go down fighting....I also have his medals from the war, his A&M brass, many pics from his A&M & WW1 days, his family lineage that dates back to the 1700's.....honestly,I've looked for a good 4-5 hrs and it's all jumbled in my head right now & I haven't begun to decipher what, who & where much of this stuff comes from... It's late & I'm tired, but I'll leave you with one last thing tonite.... One of the pieces that I found was a "story" that my grandfather had written about what must have been in his head that night.....however before he wrote his thoughts down, he scribbled down the following of which is the following:
"Hullabaloo caneck caneck Hullabaloo caneck caneck. Good bye to Texas University, so long to the orange and the white. Good luck to the dear old Texas Aggies they are the boys that have the dear old fight"

It was dated 8/22/1919...Grandpa wrote the Aggie War Hymn while standing guard on the Rhine during WW1. It was incorporated as the official school song soon afterwards.

I'll try to get some nice & organized pics up later. Some REALLY cool & historical A&M stuff.

Tressels Vest
user level: Hall of FamerAggie
posted 12:27a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

jdls13
posted 12:28a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

pg 1

Lateralus Ag
user level: LegendAggieAssociation of Former Students Donor
posted 12:29a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Are you ****ting me? That's awesome.!!

AgLaw06
user level: Hall of Famer
posted 12:29a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Rule #1!!!

JMGaggie
user level: All-StarAggie
posted 12:30a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Wow...

TEXAN5
user level: VeteranAggie
posted 12:30a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

cuppycup
user level: LegendAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students DonorVarsity Level Supporter
posted 12:33a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Cool, can't wait to see the pics.

aggiehoot
posted 12:33a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Page 1

Smithjg
user level: Hall of FamerAgTag EXPIRING soon!12th Man DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 12:36a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Juan too!

Personal Best
user level: LegendAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students DonorBasic Level Supporter
posted 12:37a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

In

BigHead 04
user level: VeteranAggiePremium Level Supporter
posted 12:40a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Juan! Best offseason thread ever made. Congrats on striking gold!

sharpdressedman
user level: Legend
posted 12:42a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Wonderful!

Crawdaddy
user level: LegendAggieAssociation of Former Students Donor
posted 12:42a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

bigflrod
user level: All-Star
posted 12:43a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

90%Ag
posted 12:43a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Either biggest and most brazen lie/trollI've seen in a while, or Holy Crap!

Either way,

war hymn aggie

Going to bed now, but here's a nugget for ya'll:

Sentinel
user level: Hall of FamerAggieAssociation of Former Students DonorBasic Level Supporter
posted 12:44a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

That's more than gold my friend.

Personal Best
user level: LegendAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students DonorBasic Level Supporter
posted 12:45a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Ohhhhhhhh yes

war hymn aggie
posted 12:45a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

90% Ag,
also have found some Japanese pesos.
Scratching my head on these.

mt3950
user level: All-StarPremium Level Supporter
posted 12:47a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

90%Ag
posted 12:49a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

quote:
90% Ag,
also have found some Japanese pesos.
Scratching my head on these.

North Korean won

SECond2noneAgs
user level: Hall of FamerAggieBasic Level Supporter
posted 12:49a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

cooperjkk
user level: Hall of Famer
posted 12:50a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

90%Ag
posted 12:50a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I'll give you $5 for it.

I'm serious. I will do that.

ABATTBQ11
posted 12:51a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

wow...

EnviroAg96
posted 12:54a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Uno

MaroonOutAg02
user level: VeteranAggieAssociation of Former Students Donor
posted 12:55a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Good bull!

Pg 1

McGibblets
user level: LegendAggiePremium Level Supporter
posted 12:57a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Wow. Just did a quick search on and it's been known that your grandfather wrote it (don't know if you already knew that) but that slip definitely hasn't been discovered. Awesome find

[This message has been edited by McGibblets (edited 5/7/2013 1:03a).]

Mtn_Guide
user level: Legend
posted 12:57a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Good bull!

PoliSciAg16
user level: ProPremium Level Supporter
posted 12:58a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Juan, great stuff

IceCream14
posted 12:59a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Good Bull!

TEXAN5
posted 12:59a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

This needs to be photocopied and displayed somewhere on campus.

ABATTBQ11
5th C Fine Jewelryposted 1:00a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

On mobile and just saw the pic. I can't wait to see the rest of it. Th Is may be one of the greatest finds ever.

And pagina uno once again

ABATTBQ11
posted 1:01a, 05/07/13this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

quote:
This needs to be displayed somewhere on campus.

FIFY

Fairy Godmother Travel
Teresa & Mark Cory '81
- Travel
Jason's Deli
Alexander Garza
- Restaurants
DADY INSURANCE AGENCY
Doug Groves '82
- Insurance
Northeast Texas Women's Health
Christopher Mason '95
- OBGYN
in partnership with
TexAgs Sponsor
Forums :: A&M Football :: Found a treasure chest of Aggie lore today
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Jump to other forums:
If you have any questions about the moderation on this forum please email moderator@texags.com.

TexAgs.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with Texas A&M University. Copyright ©2002-2011 TexAgs.com. All rights reserved.
There are approximately 11327 visitors currently on TexAgs. Privacy Policy