Friday, August 1, 2014
Forums :: A&M Football :: 5 Aggies of All time that you wish you could (could have) hung out with?
Page: 1 2 3

Topic: 5 Aggies of All time that you wish you could (could have) hung out with?add this topic to your watch listrecommend to PUBLISH this topicrecommend to REMOVE this topic 
Raptor
user level: LegendAggie
posted 4:34p, 02/16/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

1. John David Crow
2. Bear Bryant (coaches count)
3. Robert Gates instead of Dan Campbell
4. Stephen McGee instead of Robert Ferguson
5. Jackie Sherrill

[This message has been edited by Raptor (edited 4/22/2012 8:07p).]

bknetag
user level: Hall of FamerHonorary AggiePremium Level Supporter
posted 4:38p, 02/16/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

5 Aggies I have hung out with

1. Dat
2. A. Glenn
3. Dave South (many many many times)
4. L. Lowry Mays
5. The Governor

SpreadsheetAg
user level: LegendAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 4:39p, 02/16/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Do Medal of Honor Winners Count, and can I talk to all 7?

Major Horace S. Carswell, Jr. '38
2nd Lt. Lloyd Herbert Hughes'43
Lt. Thomas W. Fowler'43
Lt. Turney W. Leonard '42
Lt. Eli Whitely '41
Sgt. George D. Keathley '37
Sgt. William Harrell '42

[Staff Note: The niece of Lloyd Hughes would like to correct the above message saying that his name is ‘Lloyd Herbert Hughes’ NOT ‘Lloyd D. Hughes. For further info, please see the following:
Lloyd H. Hughes’ grave marker
The engraving on his Medal of Honor
The plaque outside of Lloyd H. Hughes Hall
Gig 'em, TexAgs Staff]

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 9/10/2008 2:33p).]

chick79
user level: LegendAggie12th Man DonorBasic Level Supporter
posted 4:40p, 02/16/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Earl Rudder
Charlie Moran
Dana Bible
Bear Bryant
Emory Bellard

[This message has been edited by chick79 (edited 2/17/2005 12:54p).]

GARCHAG77
user level: Pro
posted 4:44p, 02/16/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

MLB Mike Little 78-81, THE CRAZIEST one I
ever hung with. After he graduated anyway.
Anybody know where he is now?

SpreadsheetAg
user level: LegendAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 4:45p, 02/16/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Class of 77 don't read too good:
quote:
5 Aggies of All time that you wish you could (could have) hung out with?

Raptor
user level: LegendAggie
posted 4:47p, 02/16/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Well if it is 5 Aggies you hung out with then...

Bethel
Billy Yates
Richard Whitaker
Oschlor (great guy and funny)
Gamble, Brian of course

GARCHAG77
posted 4:52p, 02/16/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Sorry
I read COULD(COULD HAVE) to mean
could OR could have.
Hence... know where he is now?

RockOn
user level: LegendAgTag EXPIRING soon!Victory Goblet
posted 5:02p, 02/16/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

1. Aggie Dance Team
2. Aggie Dance Team
3. Aggie Dance Team
4. Aggie Dance Team
5. Aggie Dance Team

houstontexan
user level: Legend
posted 5:14p, 02/16/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

bknetag, that's one of the gayest posts i've ever read.

houstontexan
user level: Legend
posted 5:15p, 02/16/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

raptor, that's another "dirty" post.

this is starting to get gay.

Agman
user level: All-StarAgTag EXPIRING soon!
posted 5:16p, 02/16/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Color me unimpressed.

I would have liked to hung our with Rudder...one bad mofo.

55-99
user level: Hall of FamerAggie
posted 5:27p, 02/16/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Keith Mitchell
Bucky
Coryatt
Bellard
Lary - guy tells some funny stories

JMH
user level: Hall of FamerAggie
posted 5:35p, 02/16/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

1. Sull Ross (he counts in my book)
2. Dat
3. J.D. Crow
4. Dan Campbell
5. Bear Bryant

FTACO2007
user level: All-Star
posted 6:23p, 02/16/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Jorge Quiroga - he was president of Bolivia

cj774
user level: All-StarAggieAssociation of Former Students Donor
posted 6:44p, 02/16/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Kandance Krueger!

BOHICA
user level: Hall of FamerAgTag EXPIRING soon!
posted 7:22p, 02/16/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

1. Bucky (actually did, but another story)
2. Aaron Wallace
3. Shane Lechler (his dad is a good guy)
4. Brian Gamble
5. Kevin Murray

ArmchairCowboy
user level: All-StarAggiePremium Level Supporter
posted 7:34p, 02/16/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

1. Kevin Murray
2. Rod Bernstine
3. Keith Woodside
4. Johnny Holland
5. Joe Ogden

dodgeman
user level: All-Star
posted 7:36p, 02/16/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

what a gay question

bknetag
posted 9:04a, 02/17/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Houstontexan...

how is it gay? I hung out with them. not something that everyone has a chance to do. I am lucky to do so.

WBBQ74
user level: Hall of FamerAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students DonorVarsity Level Supporter
posted 9:23a, 02/17/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Earl Rudder
E.V. Adams (Actually knew)
Bob Smith
Turley Leonard
Edd Hargett (Have met)

If I have to limit it to 5.....

"Recall.....Step off on Hullabaloo..."

AgLaw02
user level: All-StarAggie
posted 12:30p, 02/17/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Major General Earl Rudder, hero to all Aggies and anyone familiar with WWII.

Curt77
user level: All-StarAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students DonorVarsity Level Supporter
posted 1:31p, 02/17/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Hart Hall's sweetheart Fonda Peters

Thingy
user level: LegendAgTag EXPIRING soon!
posted 2:55p, 02/17/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

1. Not Raptor
2. Not Raptor
3. Not Raptor
4. Not Raptor
5. Not Raptor

Ding 72
posted 3:34p, 02/17/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Ed Hargett, Billy Hobbs, Steve Steagent, Dave Elmendorf, and Barnett because I did.

Ding 72
posted 3:35p, 02/17/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Ed Hargett, Billy Hobbs, Steve Steagent, Dave Elmendorf, and Barnett because I did.

AggieRAGE
user level: Hall of FamerAggieAssociation of Former Students Donor
posted 6:10p, 02/17/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

1. emma smith
2. dance team
3. lexy beers
4. dance team
5. emma smith

maroonouttake
user level: All-StarAggie
posted 6:14p, 02/17/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

bknetag, Lowry Mays, are you kidding me? Do you know ANYTHING about this guy? Let me tell you from first hand experience - total *****. In the Board of Regents meetings he demands to not be under an air vent and that his water be bottled and room temp. But you don't have to take my word for it, pick up any Rolling Stone Magazine from the last 8 years to find out how he single-handedly has ruined the radio. Embarrassing to the University, but fitting that those Wehner-brats would have such a role-model.

Old Style
posted 7:03p, 02/17/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

1) Kim Hiott
2) Jarrin' John Kimbrough
3) Gene Stallings
4) Bucky Richardson
5) E. King Gill

[This message has been edited by TimAg95 (edited 2/17/2005 7:04p).]

AMCaggie05
user level: LegendAggie12th Man DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 7:25p, 02/17/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

1. Jesse Woods
2. Jamaar Toombs
3. Meathead Appell
4. Casey Chesier
5. "Juice"

Smithjg
user level: Hall of FamerAgTag EXPIRING soon!12th Man DonorPremium Level Supporter
posted 10:10p, 02/17/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I would have liked to have been beside these guys (and survived!) on their most famous days, espcially George Gay who witnessed most of the battle of Midway....
Major General George F. Moore '08 @ Corregidor
George H. Gay, Jr lone survivor of Torpedo Squadron 8 @ the Battle of Midway
Gen. J. Earl Rudder '32 @Pointe du Hoc Normandy, 1944.
Lt. Turney W. Leonard '42CMH winner, Kommerscheidt, Germany, on 4, 5, and 6 November 1944
Finally, any of the other CMH winners from Texas A&M...
Major Horace S. Carswell, Jr. '38
2nd Lt. Lloyd D. Hughes '43
Lt. Thomas W. Fowler '43
Lt. Eli Whitely '41
Sgt. George D. Keathley '37
Sgt. William Harrell '42

cecil77
user level: LegendAggie12th Man DonorAssociation of Former Students DonorBasic Level Supporter
posted 11:04p, 02/17/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

1. That little gymnist from Kruger in 1974.
2. The fox with the deep, raspy voice that ordered on the drive thru at Pepe Taco every Friday night.
3. The blond with the enormous ... that was in Phisophy 201.
4. That freshman (also from Kruger) who used to lean over the pool table in a most interesting way.
5. The girl from my one liberal arts class that wouldn't give me the time of day.

JDL 96
user level: Hall of FamerAgTag EXPIRING soon!Premium Level Supporter
posted 11:18p, 02/17/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

H.B. Zachary
Bum Bright
Gen. Rudder
Michel Halbuty
Bush 41 (Does his library being here qualify him?)

If 41 doesn't qualify - then:
RC Slocum

NITESIDE
posted 1:48p, 02/18/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Kim Tomes Miss Universe or was she just Miss USA....don't matter...hot then, hot now.

bknetag
posted 2:01p, 02/18/05this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

Maroonouttake.

I work for clear channel and happen to think this guy is first class.

he has not ruined radio. how has he ruined it?

he gives over $10,000,000 in free ad space, just inititated a "less is more" approach to radio which is costing the company millions and millions to provide the listener with a better radio experience. Less commercials, shorter commercials and less commercial breaks.

the man started with ONE radio station and has lived the American dream. I for one have had the best working experience in my life here. I have worked for the Houston Rockets and the PGA tour as well. nothing compares.

Northeast Texas Women's Health
Christopher Mason '95
- OBGYN
Hanna & Hanna Reporting & Video
Jim Hanna '05
- Legal
TriFection Remodeling & Construction
Jeff Roberts '93
- Home Services
DADY INSURANCE AGENCY
Doug Groves '82
- Insurance
in partnership with
TexAgs Sponsor
Forums :: A&M Football :: 5 Aggies of All time that you wish you could (could have) hung out with?
Page: 1 2 3

Jump to other forums:
If you have any questions about the moderation on this forum please email moderator@texags.com.

TexAgs.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with Texas A&M University. Copyright ©2002-2011 TexAgs.com. All rights reserved.
There are approximately 3498 visitors currently on TexAgs. Privacy Policy